Radio Equipment Directive (2014/53/EU)
The radio equipment directive 2014/53/EU (RED) establishes a regulatory framework for placing radio equipment on the market. It ensures a single market for radio equipment by setting essential requirements for safety and health, electromagnetic compatibility, and the efficient use of the radio spectrum. It also provides the basis for further regulation governing some additional aspects. These include technical features for the protection of privacy, personal data and against fraud. Furthermore, additional aspects cover interoperability, access to emergency services, and compliance regarding the combination of radio equipment and software.
Article 1 of 2014/53/EU:
Subject matter and scope
1. This Directive establishes a regulatory framework for the making available on the market and putting into service in the Union of radio equipment.
2. This Directive shall not apply to equipment listed in Annex I.
3. This Directive shall not apply to radio equipment exclusively used for activities concerning public security, defence, State security, including the economic well-being of the State in the case of activities pertaining to State security matters, and the activities of the State in the area of criminal law.
4. Radio equipment falling within the scope of this Directive shall not be subject to Directive 2014/35/EU, except as set out in point (a) of Article 3(1) of this Directive.
Do you need below services about Radio Equipment Directive (RED, 2014/53/EU)?
- Testing services by a Test Laboratory
- Certification services by a Notified Body
- Training services
- Consultancy services
Contact Testups Turkey.